S.H.A.R.E., Inc. Bilingual (Spanish) Direct Service Advocate
Posted December 17, 2016
This position will provide assistance for domestic violence victims and their children who seek assistance from our agency. Direct Service Advocates provide advocacy, support, information and referrals. At the present time, position is a half time position, hourly wage, benefits not provided. There is opportunity for advancement.
• Assist with day to day advocacy for outreach and shelter clients and their children, as directed by the Executive Director.
• Support and assist other staff as needed for provision of direct client services.
• High level of understanding of domestic violence and confidentiality of domestic violence advocacy.
• Completion of S.H.A.R.E., Inc. 18-24 hours domestic violence advocate training or previous experience and education
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, verifiable fluency with computer programs.
• Ability to collaborate well with others
• Self motivated and autonomous
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and flexible. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations
• Ability to travel within Morgan County. Have a car, insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a requirement.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and references by email to email@example.com or fax to 970-867-0460. No phone calls please.