Morgan County Domestic Violence Agency
OPEN POSITION (1)
Bilingual Direct Service Advocate
Part-time Position, 20 hours per week.
This staff will provide advocacy and assistance for domestic violence victims and their children. Half time, hourly wage, benefits not provided. There is opportunity for advancement. Responsible for day to day advocacy and outreach to clients at office or shelter. Must complete 18-24 hours of domestic violence advocate training through S.H.A.R.E., Inc., in order to acquire understanding of domestic violence issues, confidentiality, sensitivity to and knowledge of diverse populations and groups.
Ability to multitask and collaborate with other staff members is required. Must have transportation, insurance. Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is required for this half time position.
This position will provide assistance for domestic violence victims and their children who seek assistance from our agency. Direct Service Advocates provide advocacy, support, information and referrals. At the present time, position is a half time position, hourly wage, benefits not provided. There is opportunity for advancement.
• Assist with day to day advocacy for outreach and shelter clients and their children, as directed by the Executive Director, and in coordination with other staff.
• Support and assist other staff as needed for provision of direct client services.
• High level of understanding of domestic violence and confidentiality of domestic violence advocacy.
• Completion of S.H.A.R.E., Inc. 18-24 hours domestic violence advocate training or previous experience and education
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, verifiable fluency with computer programs.
• Ability to collaborate well with others
• Self motivated and autonomous
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and flexible. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations
• Ability to travel within Morgan County. Have a car, insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a preference.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 970-867-0460. No phone calls please.