Call for Volunteers
S.H.A.R.E, Inc. Morgan County Domestic Violence Program Volunteer Training will begin on Saturday, April 28th, 2018 at 8:30 am.
– 24 hours of interactive training/shadowing will qualify you as a confidential domestic violence advocate in the State of Colorado.
– Free of charge.
– You must be 18 years old and have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
– Must attend all sessions and be available for evening and/or weekend crisis call duty or other volunteer responsibilities.
– LGBTQ advocates welcome.
– Bilingual skills helpful.
Contact 970-867-4444 extension 26, Jody or extension 23, Jan for an application and more information.
Your training will include the dynamics of domestic violence, program policies and procedures, client confidentiality, safety planning, and legal issues. You will shadow S.H.A.R.E., Inc. staff members as they respond to and work with victims over the telephone, in the office and at the safehouse. This will give you the experience and confidence to find your best fit within the program.
Some of the opportunities for volunteer advocates include:
– Telephone crisis intervention on a 24-hour crisis line.
– Confidential victim advocacy, assisting with safety planning, information and referral
– Case management and client services for female victims and their children residing in the safehouse
– Transporting clients
– Facilitating educational and recreational activities for children coming from homes with domestic abuse
– Assisting with support group
– Providing administrative support in the office
– Helping with special events and projects, community education and violence prevention activities